2016 Home Remodeling & Redesigning Trends
For homeowners that are looking to remodel their current home or are starting from scratch, we have a few trends you should consider!
- In a survey of 18-35 year olds, one of the most desirable features of a home was that it was low maintenance. While this feature is very desirable, beauty will always outrank it. With this is mind, we’re seeing an increase of interest in quartz countertops. They resemble the beauty of marble and granite, but don’t require the same maintenance. Some major brands, like KitchenAid and GE, are giving their stainless steel a makeover to achieve that low-maintenance feel. With a softer, warmer finish, these appliances are preventing fingerprints from being left than customary stainless steel.
- Recently, LG developed and introduced their new, luxury appliance line, Signature Kitchen Suite. Appliances from this line have various luxury accents, including smooth finishes and hefty controls. Along with looking good, the appliances are full of smart novelties, like Wi-Fi.
- Backyard smokers are getting a makeover, leaving barbecuers with a whole new experience. With just one load of charcoal, the smoker, from Kalamazoo, can keep a temperature of 225º for more than 10 hours. This unit is compatible with most outdoor systems, measuring at 36 inches wide by 30 inches deep. Another appliance to receive a makeover is the Monogram Pizza Oven from GE. This indoor oven needs no added ventilation and will fit into a 30 inch wall opening. This oven can reach 750º in just 30 minutes!
- When you’re remodeling your kitchen, you want to create a design that allows good traffic flow. As you remodel, it can be difficult to anticipate if the design will work until it’s actually finished. Lowe’s offers a program, Holoroom, that’s allows you to experience your new kitchen through virtual reality.
- For homeowners that are looking for clever ways to conserve water, we’re seeing many different products out there. One of the most advanced products is the AquaBoy Pro II. This water generator can generate up to five gallons of hot or cold purified water. From the air! The only stipulation with this product is that there needs to be at least 30% humidity for the machine to work properly. Another great way to save is through smart water heaters that allow you to track their consumption. For those looking to save with laundry appliances, Electrolux’s Perfect Steam Washer with LuxCare Wash and SmartBoost is the way to go. This appliance uses a technology that will mix water and detergent before your cycle begins.
If you’re looking to stay trendy as you remodel or redesign your home, contact Acton Woodworks today! We are happy to discuss ways that you can incorporate popular remodeling ideas into your home. We can be reached by calling 978-263-0222 or by filling out our online contact form.