2016 Kitchen Remodeling Trends: Part 1
Whether you’re looking to remodel your existing kitchen or you’re building your dream home, it’s important to stay up to date with the trends of 2016. Luckily, Acton Woodworks has some insight of what homeowners should be considering as they make changes to their kitchens.
- Transitional kitchens combine the features of a traditional and contemporary kitchen. This design was a big hit for kitchens in 2015 and we fully believe it will stick around as we finish out 2016.
- Shaker style kitchens are similar to transitional, but are a bit broader. These kitchens are very minimal and traditional, but are similar in the sense that they have simple lines and are uncluttered.
- While transitional style kitchens were a bit more popular in 2015, contemporary style was a close second. As we move forward in 2016, we predict there will be a great demand for contemporary style kitchens.
- Farmhouse kitchens aren’t necessarily new trend, but for 2016, it’s been seen as a chic, country style.
- For homeowners that are looking to create a gourmet kitchen to cook healthy meals, they are remodeling these spaces to accommodate the amenities to make that happen.
- A big kitchen trend we’re seeing are home and work stations being incorporated into kitchens. Along with spots to do work, there are docking posts being included to charge mobile and tablet devices.
- While it is popular to replace your kitchen table with an island or increase your counter space, some homeowners are choosing to keep their tables, but update them. More and more, we’re seeing traditional kitchen tables being updated to pub or tall gathering tables.
- When it comes to painting the different aspects in your kitchen, popular colors include blue, gray, white and black. Color blocked kitchens are another trend we’re seeing when it comes to your kitchen.
Acton Woodworks offers kitchen design and remodeling services for homeowners throughout the Middlesex County, like Littleton and Concord. To learn more about our remodeling services, contact us today at 978-263-0222 or by filling out our online contact form!