Top 10 Kitchen Remodeling Trends of 2013
- Quartz countertops – Granite is still a favorite among most but we’ve seen a growing trend in quartz countertops. This part stone, part manmade countertop doesn’t need to be sealed like other stone, won’t stain or crack and is easier to clean. The only drawback: quartz tends to be more expensive.
- Mix and match Countertops – Some homeowners mix their granite countertops with wood or marble for their island.
- Stainless steel – Most could have guessed this is still a popular trend for most homeowners.
- Neutral colors – A lot of kitchens in magazines have bright and colorful or bold and dramatic color schemes but we found that most homes prefer a more soft and neutral tone.
- Bigger isn’t always better – a common misconception with kitchen remodels is that the remodelers are trying to increase the size of their kitchen. Most of the time, a remodel is more of a makeover or redesigning the layout to make it more functional.
- Open kitchen plans – Homeowners still love making the kitchen the heart of them home and having their kitchen open to other rooms in the house.
- Cooktops – A growing trend in American kitchens, an induction cooktop is a flat surface that only transfers heat to the cookware while the surface stays cool.
- Going Green – not a lot of home owners think this is important but we do! Going green and having an energy efficient kitchen will save you money and improve the value of your home. And who can forget the benefit to the environment.
- Functionality – almost 60% of remodelers want to improve the layout and functionality of their kitchen. This includes adding and improving extra storage space to keep things more organized.
- Kitchen Designers – It can be tough remembering to go over every single little detail when remodeling a kitchen. Knowing what materials and colors to use and which go well together can cause a head ache to first timers that aren’t that familiar with it. A kitchen designer can draw up 3D models and organize the whole project so you don’t miss a thing!
For help with your next remodeling project, contact us at (978) 263-0222! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!